Location: Edmonton, Calgary, Halifax, Cornwall, Toronto, Hamilton, Nashville, Charlotte, Atlanta
We are growing and expanding across Canada and the USA! As part of our expansion, GoFor requires a City Manager to ensure we effectively and efficiently service local builders and suppliers. The City Manager is crucial to an effective launch in each new market.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Recruit, onboard, train and maintain the GoFor fleet of independent drivers.
- In the early stages perform deliveries themselves.
- Ensure no customer order is left unfulfilled.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Perform business development activities as required.
- Monitor GoFor delivery efficiencies identifying areas to improve and ensure better service.
- Implement a global logistics strategy.
- Ensure Drivers meet GoFor’s strict guidelines ensuring professionalism.
- Create a culture of learning, trust and continuous improvement in all areas and instill the principles of this culture within the GoFor local ecosystem.
- Work with the product team to plan and implement improvements to internal and external logistics systems
- Create policies and procedures for logistics activities
- Improve efficiency and minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities
- Provide weekly reports to GoFor management on growth, driver satisfaction, overall operations, etc.
You’ll need to have…
- University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent in work experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in customer management, sales and people management.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the construction industry and/or last mile delivery
- Must have a thorough knowledge of technologies and platforms
- Able to lead and motivate a team of independent drivers
- Flexible working schedule.
- Experience working in the apparel business, an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written.
- Self-motivated able to work remotely.
- Pride in ensuring all customer’s needs are met and willing to go the extra mile to do so.
- Ability to drive larger vehicles (as required)
Who you are…
- Highly analytical and customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and excel under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
If you want to help us shape the future of construction, select “Apply now” to submit your application.
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!